Welcome to my Eworld

This site is solely dedicated to my travelling experiences both locally and abroad. When I say locally, it refers to my escapade in my home country, the Philippines; while abroad covers my travels in Asia, Europe and UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, as well as my future trips to Africa, China and Arabic countries.

Some of these travel journals photos are previously posted in my Friendster blog ( My Simple Life - unfortunately the blog is already dormant now); Travel Blog account, Travellerpoints account; but majority of them are shared in my e-Travel Guide account in TRIVAGO. I also write stories about these locations in my JPGMagazine account. Good luck and have fun reading my TRAVELdiary...

Quote Me If You Like...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." (Lao Tzu)

Monday 15 October 2007

I am the TravelPod Video Winner

travelpod.gif

Four weeks ago, I joined this on-line travel site called TravelPod and I posted photos taken during my recent travel in London. While browsing the site, I found out that it has an on-going competition for members to submit a 10-second video that contains a bday greeting or message for the site 10th year celebration. Since recently, I am also exploring my Sony camera video function, I had it a go.

I gathered all the props - cake, candles, bottle of wine, cards, banner and set-up them in a sofa! I lighted the 10 candles and then started filming it. I did not take several minutes to capture the scene and did more than 5 clips with different angles and movement. Using the Microsoft Movie Maker in my Sony Viao notebook, I edited the film and put some texts on it and other special effects to make it more entertaining and snappy. Finally, I downloaded a free tune from the web and have it as a background to the clip. It was a tough work for having a running time of 10 seconds.

Finally, I completed and sent it to TravelPod before the deadline ended on Sept 30, 2007. Today, I got an email from the site, informing me that I am the lucky winner of the contest and will receive the new edition of iPod Nano! Wow, I am very happy to hear that... It is indeed a pre Xmas and bday presence for me...! It was funny coz my friends were quite puzzled why I have to buy a bday cake and with 10 candles!!! I told them that a close friend of mine is having a bday celebration and I cant attend the party, and so the video will be sent to the celebrant! And they asked me again why 10 candles and I immediately replied that my friend is a 10 yr old boy! I dont want to tell them the truth because if I win, it will be a surprised news for them and they will be the first to hear the good news, which I did and they were laughing out loud coz of my alibi.

Anyway, this is the link of the video and I hope you have time to watch it, The Winner. It takes awhile to upload it but it is worthy to wait and see what Ive done! If you still have time, please visit my profile as well at Digitalexplorer.

You can try this link, The Winner if you having difficulty from the first link above.

By the way, I got the ipodnano 3 weeks after I got the notice of winning. There was a little problem with the postage. I have to pay for the import tax of £35 even it was declared as a 'gift'! Well, nevertheless I love it and uploaded some 800 songs on it.


Finally, I was able to upload my video to youtube site for easy posting here. Hope you enjoy watching this 10-second clip for Travelpod 10th anniversary greetings!

No comments:

My Philippine Tour Map


My Lakbayan grade is C+!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.