Welcome to my Eworld

This site is solely dedicated to my travelling experiences both locally and abroad. When I say locally, it refers to my escapade in my home country, the Philippines; while abroad covers my travels in Asia, Europe and UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, as well as my future trips to Africa, China and Arabic countries.

Some of these travel journals photos are previously posted in my Friendster blog ( My Simple Life - unfortunately the blog is already dormant now); Travel Blog account, Travellerpoints account; but majority of them are shared in my e-Travel Guide account in TRIVAGO. I also write stories about these locations in my JPGMagazine account. Good luck and have fun reading my TRAVELdiary...

Quote Me If You Like...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." (Lao Tzu)

Friday 14 June 2013

San Juan (La Union): Philippines surfers' paradise


SURFING IS BECOMING a popular sport or sort of a hobby in the Philippines.Having more than 7,107 islands, the Philippines offers a lot of places where the waves break for surfing enthusiasts. There are several best surf spots in the country, mostly unexploited and giving surprises to surfers around the world.


One example is San Juan in La Union, located in western part of Luzon. San Juan is considered as a perfect location for surf beginners or even for those who wish to do it for the first time. This surfing spot has a lot of resorts and surf schools which provide minimal fees for surfing lessons and equipment rentals. It is very accessible via bus transport and it takes 5-6 hours from Manila.


The best months to experience good waves are between November to March and July to October. There are other alternatives surf spots in the Philippines for all year round especially for professional surfers such as in Baler (Quezon), Daet (Camarines Norte), Siargao (Surigao del Norte), Nasugbu (Batangas), Borongan (Eastern Samar) and many others.


No comments:

My Philippine Tour Map


My Lakbayan grade is C+!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.