Welcome to my Eworld

This site is solely dedicated to my travelling experiences both locally and abroad. When I say locally, it refers to my escapade in my home country, the Philippines; while abroad covers my travels in Asia, Europe and UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, as well as my future trips to Africa, China and Arabic countries.

Some of these travel journals photos are previously posted in my Friendster blog ( My Simple Life - unfortunately the blog is already dormant now); Travel Blog account, Travellerpoints account; but majority of them are shared in my e-Travel Guide account in TRIVAGO. I also write stories about these locations in my JPGMagazine account. Good luck and have fun reading my TRAVELdiary...

Quote Me If You Like...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." (Lao Tzu)

Sunday 11 October 2009

Snorkeling in Coral Garden, Batangas (Philippines)

AT LAST I WAS ABLE TO USE MY NEW GADGET, OLYMPUS u850w camera which allows me to take both images and video 3 meters under water. During my recent visit to Puerto Galera (Batangas), Philippines - southwest of Metro Manila and 5 hours ( bus and ferry), I finally tested the waterproof feature of Olympus capturing the under water scenery of Coral Garden.

I was here in this beach town 9 years ago and I was stunned on how the community transformed it into a lively and localised tourist destination (alternative to the commercial atmosphere of Boracay) for short holidays. As usual, I stayed in White Beach (northeast of Sabang) and for the first time I explored Coral Garden for 3 hours (spent almost 18 sterling pounds, 33 US dollars).


coral garden1 batangas coral garden7 batangas

coral garden6 batangas

One of the video clips taken from the camera as well.

Coral Garden is only a small area of coral reefs, few minutes away from White Beach. The corals are not really stunning but it is worth seeing it and watching different types of small fish waiting to be fed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love snorkeling!
i'll be visiting Puerto Galera this summer. too bad, i don't have underwater camera. but it's ok, it will still be fun seeing corals again.

Unknown said...

Ang ganda talaga sa batangas, lalo na sa Talisay,Tanauan at San Juan.

Reymos said...

Hi guys, thanks alot for your messages/comments. Very much appreciated. Yup, I agree there are interesting places to be explored in Batangas which are convenient to reach from Manila.

My Philippine Tour Map


My Lakbayan grade is C+!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.