Welcome to my Eworld

This site is solely dedicated to my travelling experiences both locally and abroad. When I say locally, it refers to my escapade in my home country, the Philippines; while abroad covers my travels in Asia, Europe and UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, as well as my future trips to Africa, China and Arabic countries.

Some of these travel journals photos are previously posted in my Friendster blog ( My Simple Life - unfortunately the blog is already dormant now); Travel Blog account, Travellerpoints account; but majority of them are shared in my e-Travel Guide account in TRIVAGO. I also write stories about these locations in my JPGMagazine account. Good luck and have fun reading my TRAVELdiary...

Quote Me If You Like...

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." (Lao Tzu)

Wednesday 9 January 2008

Day 7: Christmas Day


It was a sunny but chilly day. After a late night celebration, we were not able to wake up early for the first mass in the church near my friend's house. Instead, we travel few miles away and went to St Tomas More church at Chapel Hill near Uni of North Carolina campus.

The homily revolved in the importance of Xmas and the priest emphasised the word, "kindness". Reflecting the priest's sermon, I am glad that my parents instilled in my mind the importance of being kind to others. Extending help not only to relatives but also to strangers is a virtue and always brings joy to our hearts. Pure kindness does not require something in return or a favour from others in exchange of whatever help being extended. It is something that purely coming from our hearts and it is not an "obligation" or an responsibility to offer for everyone. Sometimes, it is ironic that kindness is over-used and abused by others. To some extent we become "opportunists" and dependents from others' generosity. Well, being generous to others needs open mind and don’t expect much from the people who need help. And at the same way, with people who are fortunate to receive assistance, help or favour, have to be patient and be humble to acknowledge any generosity from others.

We went home after the mass and my friend prepared some food for the guests coming in the late afternoon. I stayed home and did some updates of my travel blog. It was quiet day and not much things to do since shopping malls and outlets were closed! Later part of the evening, the guests arrived with their families; all of them were Pinoys who have already migrated in the US. We did karaoke as well using the popular magic mic from the Philippines.

No comments:

My Philippine Tour Map


My Lakbayan grade is C+!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.